What is Faith?

In a General Conference talk by Gordon B. Hinkley it states, “That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day” (D&C 50:23–24).

And so it is with our eternal journey. We take one step at a time. In doing so we reach toward the unknown, but faith lights the way. If we will cultivate that faith, we shall never walk in darkness."

Faith is believing in something that you don't know will happen. It is knowing, without proof, that something is true. I have faith that God is real, even though I have no proof of it.

There is a primary song about faith that I really like. It goes like this:
"1. Faith is knowing the sun will rise, lighting each new day.
Faith is knowing the Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray.
Faith is like a little seed:
If planted, it will grow.
Faith is a swelling within my heart.
When I do right, I know.
2. Faith is knowing I lived with God before my mortal birth.
Faith is knowing I can return when my life ends on earth.
Faith is trust in God above;
In Christ, who showed the way.
Faith is strengthened; I feel it grow
Whenever I obey."

This simple song teaches young children what faith is. Like with a little seed, faith can come in all forms. Faith requires an effort, but with God, that is entirely possible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How can you be a Light in the World?

The Ability to Change